Saturday Smoothies: Pina Colada Pizazz
Pina Colada Pizzazz
Makes three 10-oz servings
- 2 cup fresh pineapple chunks, frozen (or not)
- 1-1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 lime, frozen then sliced, peel and all (you don’t have to freeze it)
- 1-1/2 banana, frozen
- 6 frozen coconut milk “ice” cubes
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted, for garnish
- Thinly sliced pineapple wedges for garnish
- Put everything in a blender and pulse until blended.
- Adjust the flavorings (vanilla and lime) according to your taste. You might also want to add a little more fresh pineapple, depending on how sweet you like your smoothies.
- You can use canned pineapple if you don’t have fresh, but trust me — fresh is far better!
- Add rum if you want an alcoholic smoothie.
- Add vanilla ice cream if you’re not avoiding dairy, and this is more of a dessert for you.