Saturday Smoothies: Peach Lemon Lift
Wow! Talk about an energy lift — this smoothie has zing that’ll lift the whole rest of your day while filling you up and making you healthier. Can’t get any better than that. Adding whole lemon slices — peel and all — really gives this smoothie an amazing lemonadey flavor. The lemon and peaches are a yummy combination — they get along well. If it sounds good to you — try the recipe and add your own twists.
Ema, Adia and I made this smoothie this week. (They are learning how to be adventurous — how to mix and match different smoothie ingredients til you get taste-bud-popping flavors.) By the end of the summer, these two young ladies will be expert smoothie-inventors.
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened canned pineapple with the liquid
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1 T. flax meal
- 1/2 large lemon, sliced thinly
- Juice of the other half of the lemon (about 3 T.)
- 2 T unsweetened coconut flakes or shredded (optional)
- 2 tsp. soy lecithin (optional – makes the smoothie thick and creamy)
- 1 cup (or more) coconut milk (we like the So Delicious brand)
- Toss all your ingredients in a blender-bo-bender (translation: “blender.”)
- Zap on “pulse” until blended well. You might have to add more liquid (coconut milk or the juice from the pineapple)
- Add more or less lemon juice to your lovely desire.
- Yes — you throw the whole lemon slices into this smoothie. Peel and all. This imparts an intriguing lemonade flavor to the peaches. Yummm
- You can substitute pecans or cashews for the almonds, but I think the almonds are best since their flavor doesn’t compete with the peaches and lemon.
Enjoy your smoothie and, please let me know what you think after you’d tried it. Some people are having trouble with the comment button at the top of the blog posts. It looks like a little chat-bubble right next to the date. I’m working on trying to figure out what the problem is. Thanks for trying it.