I am Lucky as a Photographer
- I am lucky because I have been involved in this young woman’s life for over 4 years.
- I am lucky because she allows me to know her — the real her.
- I am lucky to be able to point my lens in her direction almost anytime … she doesn’t mind. And she knows how to drop the mask and be herself. And she lets me see that. And record that part of her.
- I am lucky to have been able to photograph her belly three times now. And the babies. And toddlers.
- And finally I am lucky to watch healing happen in the heart a girl who was so wounded … and to see her find a partner who cherishes her, who is a good papa, who is gentle and funny and real.
Here’s a peek at some of the images my lens captured today. Check back for more. We’re still in the stage of choosing which ones we like best.