Artist Date Idea 3
Here’s Artist Date Idea #3
One of the best places to hang out in Helena, Montana is the Archie Bray Foundation. I love it so much it’s the place I recommend to visitors most often. In the winter, the snow adds a layer of interest to the hundreds of ceramic art pieces placed around the Bray grounds by resident artists.
- If you live in or near Helena — this artist date simply must be at the Archie Bray.
- If you live elsewhere, look for a place similar to our Bray — preferably outdoors. A sculpture garden? And art school or facility that has resident artists working in their studios? A ceramic arts guild or artist cooperative studio building … somewhere you will be free to explore and feast your eyes on art and artist’s studios.
- Bring your camera or sketchbook to take visual notes for later inspiration.
- Or just let the beauty and power of contemporary art soak into your soul.
- Talk to the artists you meet there if they are open to being interrupted.
- Check out the bulletin board wherever you go, to see what’s happening in the community.